From its prime location Stockport has become one of the North West’s leading and most successful business locations.
Stockport’s highly skilled workforce offer significant opportunities for companies whilst the town’s connectivity and excellent location means regional, national and international markets can be reached with ease.
- Stockport’s population is 286,800 with 62.0% of working age
- Stockport supports the third largest workforce within Greater Manchester, with 119,000 people employed within the borough’s 11,800 businesses
- 2 million people live within 30 minute drive time of Stockport
- 41% of residents are educated to NVQ level 4 or above, significantly higher than regional and national averages
- Key employers include MAN Diesel, United Biscuits, Allied Bakeries, adidas and BSkyB
- Through its Investing in Growth initiative, Stockport Council together with its partners will see £900 million invested into a range of ambitious projects across Stockport, with the creation of an estimated 5,000 new jobs. For more information click here.